Friday, December 17, 2010

List of excuses

I have run a total of 6.3 miles in the last 3 weeks. I have several excuses for my lack of motivation, the biggest being I'm just plain lazy!!  I'm not really sure what is wrong I simply don't have the desire to go out and run, really I don't have the desire right now to do much of anything, not even laundry and I LOVE to do laundry (seriously I do) Not sure if I have an early case of the wintertime blahs or if life is catching up to me and all the sadness and heartache are hitting me and I don't even realize it. I've been going through some personal struggles for a couple of weeks and can't seem to do more than just the bare minimum to get by.

I have so much to be grateful for, but sometimes do you ever just want to say "hey look at me sometimes my life is hard too??" I just want to have a pity party.

I think I will take the rest of this week off and begin fresh again next week, the kids will be home so I will definitely want to get out of the house!! Plus all the goodies we will be making for Christmas treats will need to find a way off of my hips!!

Here are some more of my excuses

It's too cold
I don't have cute running clothes
My knees hurt
It's too cold
I ate too late
I haven't eaten yet
It's cold
Can't find my socks
Need to check facebook
My hair is wet
I didn't sleep well
And of course........It's COLD!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite excuse is the "I don't have cute running clothes." HAHA! ;-) Don't feel bad about lack of motivation. Happens to everyone. The hard part is finding it again. When I am feeling sad, I have to make myself run...because when I am doing the actual running, I CAN'T feel sad. I have to concentrate so much on where I am and what I see around me that feeling sad takes a back seat. Yeah...of course, I feel it when I am done running, but I HAVE to take that break sometimes from feeling anything other than my lungs screaming for more oxygen. Sorry for the long comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Just thought you should know. I hope that you feel as amazing as you are soon! I want you to know that through your blog you have motivated me to keep going. I am down 33 lbs now, and am trying to keep motivated. You are a major positive force in my life, thank you!

    ReplyDelete